20% is deducted from your overall taxable income, however, there are some types of income you don’t have to pay tax on, e.g. if you’re a student. If you need more information, try this helpful guide to income tax.
Articles in this section
- Bank details updated, when will I be paid?
- How do I update my bank details?
- What bank account can I pay money into?
- What is a P60?
- When will I be paid?
- What is National Insurance?
- What is tax?
- How do I request a P45?
- Why isn’t my break included in my pay?
- What is a payslip?