We take harassment and discrimination very seriously. If you experience this type of behavior, please report to us as soon as possible so we can take action for you.
If you’re feeling harassed or discriminated against by another worker:
- Tell the manager on duty, supervisor or manager immediately. They should take action to remove them from your work area.
- If they’re not removed but you feel you can continue working, please contact Catapult as soon as you finish working. If you feel like you can’t keep working under the circumstances, excuse yourself from the shift by letting the manager on duty know. Once you’ve left, contact us immediately. Please be sure to remember the name of the person you felt harassed or discriminated by so we can follow up on your behalf.
If you’re feeling harassed or discriminated against by a customer:
- Alert your manager, team leader or supervisor to the situation immediately. They should take steps to resolve the issue and/or remove the customer.
- If this doesn’t happen but you can feel like you can continue working, please make sure to contact Catapult immediately after your shift. If you no longer feel comfortable working, please excuse yourself from the shift by informing the manager and contact us when you leave. Please make sure to remember as much as you can about the situation so we can follow up for you.
If you’re feeling harassed or discriminated against by an employer:
- Please find another senior staff member if possible, ideally a team leader or manager and report the situation to them immediately.
- If this isn’t possible, and you don’t feel comfortable working the remainder of your shift, excuse yourself and contact Catapult immediately to let us know what happened. Please also fill out your timesheet in detail explaining the situation so that appropriate action can be taken.